There are many Web 2.0 tools. The ones listed below have been addressed during the Technology Academy. Additional support resources are included in the folder below.
- Scratch: Create interactive stories, games, and animations with a graphical programming language created by the Lifelong Kindergarten research group at the MIT Media Lab. Request that your building tech assign it to your computer.
Blog: The District uses WordPress. You can access the WordPress blog by typing blogs in the address window while on the district website. You will then be prompted to enter your school district username and password. The username and password is the same as what you use to log into your computer. Students can also create a blog.
- Wordle: Generate word clouds from words provided by the user.
- Animoto: Create a stunning slideshow with music.
- Blabberize: Create your own talking picture.
- Voki: Create a talking Avatar and use it as an effective learning tool.
- Glogster for Education: Create an interactive visual poster containing multimedia such as text, audio, video, and images.
- VoiceThreads: Create a collaborative, interactive, multimedia slideshow.
- Prezi: Create a multimedia slideshow and share it from anywhere.